Monday, November 10, 2014

Lots of Crazy Trials

This week was super crazy. One whole day was basically thrown out the window basically. We spent the whole morning at a funeral for Sister Bonnie Blackburn. And got home did personal study and as we finished our prayer from companion study we got a phone call telling us Mary (our investigator age 49) our was in the ER, talk about a moment of panic. We called our dinner appointment and cancelled. Then we went to a fast food place and got Mary's mom dinner. Then sat with them at the ER until she was released. Then it was 8:45 pm . . .we had just enough time to drive home. We were drained that day.

The next day everything fell through. We didn't teach one lesson...which was hard because it was hard not to wallow in self pity. It was hard to not look inward and feel like it was our fault. But we were both able to overcome that and not fall to deep into that trap.But Heavenly Father gave us a great learning experience from that. We had to push back Mary's baptismal date but we don't know when it will be. She will have to have her gallbladder taken out, she has an ulcer and gallstones. She keeps having attacks. So Thursday she has another appointment in which we will know more then. Please keep her in your prayers.

Well since my family always loved how I was the child who accidentally called 911 I bet you'd love to know I've done it 4 times now on my mission. ): My phone has a 911 key and my little fat hands hit it or my bag hits it....basically I'm not used to phones with keys! I like touch screen where you never pocket dial anyone.

On a more spiritual note I'll end with a quote . . . "When doubt or difficulty come, do not be afraid to ask for help. If we want it as humbly and honestly as this father did, we can get it. The scriptures phrase such earnest desire as being of “real intent,” pursued “with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God. I testify that in response to that kind of importuning, God will send help from both sides of the veil to strengthen our belief."  -Elder Holland

Pictures: Dorthy, the lady in the picture is my fave! I love her so much! She is 87, and is amazing. She has lost a lot of her memory but we go and share messages and read scriptures with her. She amazes me every time we see her. Sister Swain (In blue cardigan) was my companion on exchanges, which was crazy fun! And since I got to take lead it was a little crazy. Had 1 door slammed in my face... one of the first one l. But we were able to teach and find some less actives. So I finally took a picture with my companion after exchanges. So Sister Clark and I have 1 picture together. haha She is amazing and I can see why we were put together.


1 comment:

  1. I'm really happy for Jenny. It sounds like she's meeting some amazing people and having an amazing time there (even through all the hard experiences). :)

    ReplyDelete