Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Even if life Feels Unkind....Keep Going

A family in my ward helped me with genealogy. They unlocked 66 of my family names (family history) to take them to the temple. What a blessing for those people!

Tuesday we met Besty, a girl we started teaching. And so far things are going well. Its a blessing to be able to help others feel the spirit and know when it is there.

Wednesday we made cookies for a members wife. She loved them and was able to reach out to us to do service. It was the first time we had heard from her in months.

Thursday we were super busy. Which was great. We taught 6 lessons.

Friday we did weekly planning. And taught 4 lessons. We were busy.

A couple weeks ago I knew one of the youth was struggling and I knew what she was dealing with. It was something I myself and many of those around me have gone through. Hers was more extreme. I have depression and although I've learned more the last 2-3 years about how to cope with it in ways that work, for me some people don't learn that ever. And what works for one doesn't always work for another. She was put into the hospital and we received a call asking to find someone to give her a blessing. We called the Elders closest to the area. They came, we sat with her and her mom in the ER for 3 hours (it was past curfew- but my trainer taught me a great lesson -people come first not rules: do what Christ would do).

Life didn't feel so kind, I hate seeing those around me struggle with things like this. But before my mission a friend gave me a blessing when I wanted to give up on going on a mission because my call was taking so long....in that blessing I was told my whole mission I will be helping people who are going through similar things I have gone through. I was grateful to be able to be there for this girl. She is amazing. I know Heavenly Father needed me to be here at this time now for her and many others. I am grateful to be a missionary. There is so much in life that is beautiful. Open the windows of your heart and let the love of the Savior in.

Elder Holland: "Whatever your struggle, my brothers and sisters—mental or emotional or physical or otherwise—do not vote against the preciousness of life by ending it! Trust in God. Hold on in His love. Know that one day the dawn will break brightly and all shadows of mortality will flee. Though we may feel we are “like a broken vessel,” as the Psalmist says, we must remember, that vessel is in the hands of the divine potter. Broken minds can be healed just the way broken bones and broken hearts are healed. While God is at work making those repairs, the rest of us can help by being merciful, nonjudgmental, and kind."

 Pictures are from Bear Lake. Estes Park from P-day today...more to come next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment