Monday, March 16, 2015

Three Days of Exchanges

Monday Well it was p-day! That's kind of a happy day. I got some pictures printed because the computers don't always let me send them. Sad day. But our dinner appointment forgot we were coming. So we ended up sharing a message and ate dinner a little later. It all worked out. This week my stomach problems started back again. Not as bad but just a little painful. (pretty sure we've pin pointed what it is finally) Thank goodness.

Tuesday we had zone conference. Woohoo! We learned about what the church is doing for Easter. Check out this link to find out more http://www.mormon.org/easter/teaser The church did something similar for Christmas (#heisthegift) but this is going to be a year long one. so sign up for updates. Also we got to met with our investigator(Greg) and we got another one his friends (Jackie). Greg is set with a baptism date for the 28th. And Jackie wants to be baptized too. Holy Cow what a miracle. (this is when I realized why my stomach has been hurting...I'm lactose intolerant....funny right...NOT I love cheese and milk and ugh) Great time to figure it out. week 4 . . . too late to tell people not to feed it to me . . . Oh well, my stomach will just have to deal with it for now.

Wednesday exchanges (once a transfer). Since there are three of us, it takes three days to do exchanges. They are tiring. So I was in Johnstown which was really good. Although most of the appointments cancelled,  but we did get to go to an ASL class the ward does. Believe it or not, I remembered a lot from homeschooling. Woohooo! It was a good refresher.

Thursday we had a lot of cancellations. Seems to happen more on exchanges . . . not sure why. But we taught two lessons. It was a good builder for me to see that sometimes all you need to do is show those around you that you love them. Which has honestly been a little tough for me in Greeley. A lot of the people we work with don't want to change or don't do the things they agreed to at baptism. They want to smoke etc. I mean yes, I love them, but its hard at times when I don't know how to help them.

Friday I was back in Johnstown for day 3 of exchanges. We did service. We planted rose bushes. We also painted a bathroom. Tons of fun! Then we taught only one lesson but it was good. And the sister I was with said some things in that lesson I needed to hear. Later, we got talking and I felt like I could talk with her and be myself. We are sisters (we had the same trainer(mom) ) which is really cool. I started to see that I needed to be more of the change I want to see in others. I may not ever be able to change them but I can always love them and treat them how Christ would treat them. Even if they don't treat me that way or whatever. I got to see that I don't need to care what others think. I need to be myself and allow others to see the Savior through me at all times.

Saturday I got to go back to my area. Woohoo! But we had to take our car in and get the oil changed and tires rotated. I wanted to work in my area again! Then we went home. My comps took a nap so I read in the Book of Mormon (Alma -almost done) then we tired to start weekly planning. Fail. Then we had two appointments and we went then came home and quickly ate. Sister Fairbanks from my last area picked us up and took us to Melissa and Logan's baptism. Logan turned 8 the day before and is a super sweet young man. Melissa is just amazing and a very strong woman. I'm so proud of them both.



Sunday we went to church. We met with the ward mission leader about what all happened this last week. Good things are to come. We met with two families and ended our night with weekly planning. Altogether it was a good day.

Really good talk or feel free to listen to it.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/see-others-as-they-may-become?lang=eng

Pictures: Progress on the Fort Collins Temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment