Saturday, July 11, 2015

Digging Deep To See The Good

Highlights from this week...

I've learned the longer your in a area sometimes you have to dig deeper to see the good. Here there is plenty of good, even if it's all less actives.

Members are investigators . . . just with the Holy Ghost, our job is also to teach them how to listen to the spirit.

We met Jarome this week, he's homeless and a hitch hiker. But he has such a big heart. When we handed him a bible, and Book of Mormon, his face lite up. I wish everyone's faces lit up like that when they saw scriptures. The whole time talking to him I was picturing him as what he could become with the gospel in his life.

We also met Dennis in the park, right now I'd say a lot of our missionary life is just planting seeds. Not a bad thing that's for sure. It's still our calling. Dennis watched the Because He Lives video with us, and we then went into teach the restoration. It was a beautiful lesson. Only problem he lives in Loveland.

We met with Sister Black, funny story. During weekly planning I had a strong impression we should sing "I love to see the temple" So . . . interestingly, she believes she has the priesthood, and doesn't believe Joseph Smith ever did. So I was nervous about how this would go, but putting aside my fear and focusing on her made the biggest difference.

After the song, and scripture, and testimony we were about to give her the invitation (we had handed her the "my family" pamphlet) and she asked us to give her a closing prayer. Since I had to say the closing prayer, I asked Heavenly Father to help her fill out the pamphlet so she could have a fresh start on her genealogy. After the prayer she looked at me with tears in her eyes and said "you answered my prayers . . .this morning I said a prayer to help me get started on my genealogy and you answered my prayers. Hallelujah!!!

We also went to the stampede. Which was loads of fun. We got in for free. Gave out pass along cards, and decided to get a funnel cake. We also rode a ride, it was so much fun. (We prayed about it, and got permission)

We did some sparklers. Called it good. We had two dinners. That's rough stuff.

Last night our dinner was so great, the husband lit his hands on fire. Oops!

Love, Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment