Monday, August 31, 2015

"Try a little harder to be a little better"

Mission Tour

This week we were blessed to have Elder Jorge F. Zeballos from the seventy and his wife visit our mission. It was an amazing opportunity to learn and grow and to also receive some personal revelation about what I need to improve on to be the missionary Heavenly Father expects me to be.I want to be better. Especially since being a STL...I make so many mistakes but I know Heavenly Father is still doing his work even if I'm a super weak instrument.

Exchanges

Exchange 3 this transfer was with the Frontier sisters I was with Sister Glover There was a quote inside their home I love:

"Try a little harder to be a little better"
-President Hinckley

This exchange I had prepared way more than the other ones... mostly because I couldn't sleep the night before and spent over two hours reading in "Adjusting to Missionary Life"...I had felt for days it should be my focused. But didn't know why. On exchanges we got rides from members the whole day so it was hard to talk because,  well, I can't drive and neither could this sister. But at the end of the night we were talking and it was very apparent why the spirit kept guiding me to that booklet. She is doing great and their was a lot of lessons I learned. Most importantly:  follow the spirit even if it sounds crazy.

Exchange 4 this transfer...by the way I feel I'm never in my area... But I got to meet "Grandma." She a like 80 year old woman in Laramie. She has such a strong testimony and every one who serves up there  loves her. I was with Sister Thomas and we were on bike...no worries I didn't die. We met with lots of people. She is my ginga sista. This sister is so great. She taught me many great lessons. This sister taught me The importance of pressing forward. We must not slow down or give up.
I loved being able to teach with both of these teachers and hear their testimonies. They are both amazing.

(pictures to come, my computer will not upload them right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment