Tuesday, September 22, 2015

First Week With Sister Jenson

This week...week 1 transfer 9 of 13 Crazy looking at it like that!

Monday was my last full day with Sister Helsing...I adopted her as my lil sister...seeing how I don't have a lil sister but I know we are going to be friends forever. Its still hard being the one left behind. I will never be able to explain why or how we got so close in just 6 weeks. But I know we truly must have knew each other in the Pre-Earth life. She has been so good to me.

Transfer day...new companion day. Picture below. Sister Jenson is her name. And she is great. She is a hard worker and I know we are together for a reason. The phrase "Forget yourself and go to work " comes to mind when I think of our companionship. I am learning to love her more and more everyday. Well I never got us lost on Tuesday so that was a plus...but it has been interesting. I still feel so lost myself. I'm happy I bought a gps(Gloria) last Christmas.Or I'd be lost. And well sometimes Gloria is good at getting us lost...story of my life. We visited sister Harmor she kept our appointment! woohoo! However when I asked her why she doesn't come she said "I don't know" then I asked well why not come this Sunday and she told she probably wouldn't come ever. It was really sad to hear. But she is so sweet. I really hope she changes her mind with us visiting her. I love this ward and the things that are happening. We were able to see Sister Cummings who lives down the street from us, it wasn't as formal of a lesson but its was the best we could get. We met with Sister Woo and got to know her better. She is so sweet and I just love her and how strong she really is. She is a great example to so many. We did service at the Tippets and then saw Sister Knotts and talked about visiting teaching. They have such a cute family. We went to the mother daughter dinner the ward had...with no mothers with us it was nice to see all the sisters in the ward who came, the food was great. I love this ward and all those within it. Funny story thought so in the morning we were trying to call the Tippets but I was calling the wrong number, but on the bright side me calling the wrong number got me a hold of a member who lives in a nother ward who was like come to my office and I'll get you sister a FREE teeth cleaning! Holy smokes how great!!! Talk about a blessing. This week was a really hard for me. But of course we stayed busy and in the morning finished weekly planning and then went out and taught 5 lessons it was so nice. I mean yes, four of those five were active people but still. We were busy. And it was a "Forget yourself and go to work day" Next Funny Story!

I met Scott. He's divorced and often drunk. That's about all I know about him. But we met with him...let me tell you some questions I was asked while speaking with Scott

1.) How much do you weight? 2.) your 25 right? 3.) You have a boyfriend right? because your attractive. 4.) what are your hobbies? 5.) (we are sitting in the garage ) will you come to my back yard I want to show you my skis?

We are about to leave its about 8:20pm and he's like how do you know I'm not crazy? You girls need to be careful. I almost died...it was funny but not so funny. Oh and his dog sammy tried to bite me! Good thing he didn't.

Best part of the lesson we shared the because of him video and after invited him to commit to take the lessons, and to be serious about it. He said yes! So I invited him to start with pouring out his beer and not opening another one. (He was pretty drunk) but he was like are you serious..? I said yes. He gets up walks out of the garage and pours his beer on his flowers. Best moment ever! We will be meeting with him on Saturday.

Also since Earl is moving he got us a transfer bear. And since I told him my favorite lesson is the Law of Chasity my bears shirt said "Hugs and Kisses Wellington, Co" Heck yeah!








No comments:

Post a Comment