Monday, February 15, 2016

Keep Pushing Forward!

This week was....well things are getting better, I think.

We had a Relief Society activity this week. During this activity we got our nails done. Sister Bair did mine! She's amazing! But they had quotes out on each table, and one of my favorite people had a quote they used, Lucille Ball, which reads " love yourself first and everything else falls in line. You really have to yourself to get anything done in this world"

We had zone meeting this week, and interviews with our mission president. That was good. It really got me thinking about a lot of things. President helped me see that I have so many things I have control over, and that I truly can keep pushing forward, even when things are tough. There has been moments when I don't want to keep going, but I know why I'm here, and it's because I love the Lord. It's interesting because I've dealt with stress by keeping busy - like my whole life- well this area...we currently still don't have a lot to keep as busy as I'd like. Which has also made me think when I go home I'll be stressed (more than likely lets be honest) and probably won't be to busy at first, So I'm finding other ways to deal with how I feel and etc.

Thank Goodness, we had exchanges this week. I stayed in Alliance, but I was with Sister Helsing, my sister, so it was good. I love her so much! She has helped me more than anyone will ever know! She sang to me, listened to me and hugged me so much- she gives the best hugs!! She is one of the many people I'm grateful Heavenly Father gave me her here in Nebraska! She's serving in Sidney...and I got to be with her on her last exchange! Crazy!

On exchanges we got a new investigator!! Like, our first one all transfer! Her name is Amber. She is super sweet. We taught her the restoration and she told us she believes it's true! Holy Flip! We will met with her on Wednesday.

On exchanges it was good to be able to tell someone my goals for now to the end of my mission, to even some goals for after. It was good to be able to talk about everything so I am accountable to someone else, aside from Heavenly Father. It was nice to talk about fears I have of going home -which is forever from now, let's face it. But still. But it was fun talking about how we'd do companionship study after the mission....let's face it it'd be fun but probably won't happen. Part of me hopes it does happen. She goes home 7 weeks before me.

Friday we got lost on the way to dinner....that was an adventure. Thank goodness for some nice neighbors who could point us in the right direction...but it made me think of how we have guides along the way in life, and how important is it to follow them to a T. If not it will take a bit till we get it right. And how important it is to have a guide you trust. That what I relearned Friday night. Although we were late, we made it safely, and followed our guides directions.

Valentine's Day was not very eventful. And it shouldn't be. Especially as a missionary. We should tell those we love, we love them any day, time, etc. However my dear sister, Sis. Abby Henrie sent me Vday Aloe socks, sweethearts(convo hearts-my favorite) and m&m's. My companion Hermana Areno gave me a package of convo hearts. And Saturday I got some letters and such in the mail. Thank you. I hope -even if I hate Valentines Day- that each of you were able to feel loved by those around you, Heavenly Father or etc. I know Heavenly Father loves each of us, he knows us and wants us to be happy. A dear sister (Sister Helsing) shared this scripture and it has gotten me through this week

"Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in Heaven and in Earth; Believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in Heaven and in Earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all things which the Lord can comprehend." - Mosiah 4:9

I know that he knows us, he created us. He knows how we feel. Yesterday at church Sister Hancock made the comment " No one understands OUR suffering like the Savior." I know this to be true. We each may be able to relate to one another. But our Savior has felt what each of us feels when we go through it ourselves. Only he knows. I'm grateful to know I'm never alone with what I'm going through. My testimony has grown so much these last 4 weeks and how grateful I am for that. I wouldn't take back my trials. I know I must keep the faith, and keep going.

So everyone keep the faith, things will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment