Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Too Many "Lasts" at the End of a Mission!

This week has been a week that's for sure. But in the end it's been a good week.

Monday was good I guess, nothing to eventful. We had to cancel our dinner so we could get to our investigators house, problem was our investigator cancelled and we ended up at Sister Bairs house(relief society president) to talk about the funeral and how we could best help. It was Pi day as well, and I didn't even eat any pie, but I did admire the sign at the store. (:

Tuesday our alarm didn't go off, I laid in bed looking at the ceiling for a while, (not sleeping anyway, time change threw me off) so by the time I even dared to look at the clock it was 7:30, talk about a moment of panic, and sudden hatred for myself....Studies were really good. Been studying in Doctrine & Covenants and many other places but section 100 is one we often hear as missionaries, that first verse. Which is :

"1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you, my friends Sidney and Joseph, your families are well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power."

It brought me comfort being reminded of this. And thinking of how we are each Christ friends. How great is that, WE are HIS friends!

We have two new investigators and have them on date for baptism, Gabby, and Bryce. They are both 9, and they are cousins. They are so smart. I truly can't help but love them. ( They weren't able to make it to church Sunday but that's okay. ) I'm looking forward to our next visit. (:

Wednesday, Zone Conference....a day all missionaries look forward to before they go home....NOT! It was my last zone conference, and I had to give my departing testimony in front of a lot of missionaries I hardly know, and I cried...I NEVER cry when bearing testimony....it was a tender moment. Not sure what I even said but I know the Spirit took over and spoke through me. We didn't win the clean car contest but no sister did at my zone conference. All Elders! we got back to Alliance at 7:20pm. We left at 5am. Woke up at 4am....boy it was a long day but I learned so much. And I couldn't be more grateful! Got to eat lunch with our mission president -President Brown. He's so funny, and sweet. And it was probably my last time seeing Sister Hooper and Sister Ligon -I love them, it was fun being an STL and getting to know them both. So we said our goodbyes and took a picture.

Thursday...my last exchanges as a missionary. It was pretty fun, I got to be with Sister Jenks. I love her so much. It's interesting because the night before when planning, nothing really felt right. So Thursday we rolled with the punches, and see what felt right as went through the day. We started with our scheduled service for the Ramsey's. Then helped wash potatoes for service for Sister Bair for the Relief Society dinner. We met with a less active, part member family who I've been trying to connect to. My companion speak Spanish and so does connect really well with the member and nonmember in this family. Well in my attempt to connect with them, I think was a fail. If anything it was a good lesson.

Our lesson with Ben was so good. He is one of my favorite less active. He has been so prepared to come back. His desire to learn just amazing to me. I want to be better. We shouldn't have to go less active to then come back and then desire to learn more. We should always be seeking more knowledge.

Sometimes I see others with so much on their plate, and I just want to help lighten their load. And sometimes I then get my head in to deep. But I love serving others. That has brought me so much strength. Especially with everything going on.


Friday...we exchanged back. Which was nice. We had so much traveling to do this last week. My companion keeps wanting to do her calling (teaching Spanish speaking people) Problem is now we have one-not the problem- the problem is when we teach them its not "we" its just her. I don't know how to help I don't speak Spanish. And she wont translate for me so I pick up only on the words I know. I am trying to support her, but its hard. Sometimes I wish I knew Spanish, other times I could care less. This time I care...

Saturday not much happened. It feels like a blur. When we got to our car in the morning someone had left a note on our window searing at us...that was not a good way to start the day...I have some guesses as to who, but I'd rather sing a hymn then get us kicked out....The whole day I thought it was the 17th, (just a couple days off) We were at dinner and I got asked what day I go home, I answered, then she went to tell me I had one month...I could have cried...It was a rough moment, especially since I hadn't even put two and two together all day. It was a hard moment. Especially since I'm departing I already gave my departing testimony Wednesday at Zone Conference. It felt very real in that moment. Once the topic changed I was more at ease. It took a lot to change the topic.

Sunday...was a rough day. We were so tired. And for a while it seemed like the more people we tried the darker it got, and more people didn't answer. Church was good. One lady was ready to attack and put down anyone's comment when they had spoken, it was really sad. She seemed like she was out to kill. I was worried if I should talk or not....So I barely spoke. But oh well.

I have seen the Lord's hand in my life so many times here in Alliance. I don't know how many times we prayed and he led us EXACTLY where we needed to go or with what to do.I know that this gospel is true, and I love that we have a restored gospel that was created by the most loving being in the universe, our Heavenly Father. I am grateful to know him, and to know that he knows each of us perfectly. That love NEVER changes, how grateful I am for that knowledge.I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I love Him and I love sharing His gospel.

I love you all, Thank you all for loving me and supporting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment